Our Mission Statement is “Building God’s Community of Love and Learning”. Our school is a Catholic school. We aim to help children understand their unique identity as children of God. We
encourage them to strive to do their best at all times in every aspect of their learning and play. We do this by providing the children with a welcoming, secure, happy environment where every child feels valued. We celebrate their talents and achievements in a variety of ways and recognise that every child has a special gift which makes that child unique. We aim to always treat others as we wish to be treated ourselves.
We aim to:
- Recognise Christ at the heart of the community
- Help the children understand their unique identity as children of God by developing their skills to always strive to do their best.
- Help them understand God’s world and everything in it through the high quality of teaching and the breadth of the curriculum offered.
- Help them to live their faith through prayer, thanksgiving, liturgy, celebration and through home, school, parish and community links.
- Develop good relationships by showing understanding, respect, tolerance and care for all and by encouraging children to treat others as they would like to be treated themselves.
- Encourage appropriate behaviour at all times, through clear rules, positive reinforcement, rewards and sanctions.
- Offer equality of opportunity in all aspects of school life for staff and children.
- Create an environment in school where everyone feels welcome in a happy, caring, Christ-centred atmosphere, in surroundings that are bright, cheerful, safe, clean and tidy.