Our school council consists of two children from each class. They meet twice every half term and discuss any issues that have been brought up in their classes. The two children represent their own class and will bring their ideas to the meeting and also feedback later to the rest of the class. Items discussed at the School Council meetings have included:
- Favourite playground toys
- Wet playtimes
- Good Ideas Frog
- Holiday during term-time
- School lunches - This was fun because we were actually eating our lunch at the same time! We talked about why we like school lunches so much. “There’s always lots to choose from” “Mums don’t have to make lunch” “Because they really nice” “Because the pizza is really yummy” “Because the lunches are always delicious” “You can choose whatever you like”.
Some Year 2 children decided to ask the Governors some questions. Here they are:
- Why are governors here?
- Do governors work a lot ?
- How do people know who you are?
- Why are governors taking money from school?
- How many governors are there?
- Why do we have walk to school days?
- How many years has the school been up for? When was it built?
- Why are we at school?
- How many head teachers have there been?